Community Colleges of Spokane offers the CCS Net wireless network from a number of WiFi Hotspots at SCC and SFCC campuses, as well as, many of our off campus locations. This network is available to all college employees and registered students who have network login accounts. These are the accounts you use to log into computers on campus.
Description/Steps for Resolution
Instructions to connect to CCS NetThe links below are for the more common operating systems. These instructions are well tested, but can be very demanding that you follow every step in the procedure. If after trying the instructions, you are still having difficulty, please, call the IT Support Center at 533-HELP (533-4357).
Windows 8 and 8.1
Mac OS X
iPad and iPhone
Notes for students
You will need to use your full college email address when entering your login information. This will be your username with the full domain name of @bigfoot.spokane.edu
For all students, the username is your first name, the first letter of your last name and the last 4 digits of your student identification number plus @bigfoot.spokane.edu.
Notes for employees
There are two CCS Wireless Networks:CCS Net
- Set up for use by people (students or employees) who have an account
- For employees, this is preferred to GuestNet
- Provides access to more CCS resources - such as printing and Remote Desktop
- Utilizes the same UPN / password combo that the user uses to log into any campus PC.
- See links above for instructions on connecting to CCS Net
- Provides access to resources outside of CCS's network ONLY - just internet browsing, no printing
- GuestNet is meant to be used for situations such as having guest presenters on campus, or for training of guests or future students who do not have user accounts.
- Utilizes a passphrase that is rotated occasionally, and is NOT to be widely disseminated. To learn the current password, please contact the IT Support Center at 533-4357 (HELP)
Keywords: CCS Net, GuestNet, Wireless, WiFi, Wi-Fi