What is happening?
The Customer Support Services department of CCS Information Technology (IT) continues to work to improve on the services we provide and the way we provide these services. As previously advertised, a new walk-up center at SFCC is open.
Walk-up Center at SFCC
We are proud to announce the opening of the new SFCC IT Support Center. We are located in the lower level of Building 2, room 003a, across the hall from the Copy Shop. At this location we offer a wide range of services including
- password resets for bigfoot accounts (computer login and email account)
- ctcLink student activation assistance
- incident resolution
- wireless connectivity assistance for students and employees
We are open from 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM M – TH, and 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM on Fridays. Please come by and see us. We think this new location will better serve your students, so encourage them to stop by and use our services, as well.
The Walk-up services for SCC continue to be provided in 1-1130 (on the east side of building 1).
Reminder of our terminology
In our system, we break the work we do into two large categories: Incidents and Service Requests.
- An incident is something unexpected breaks or stops working. “My computer won’t turn on” is an example of an incident.
- A service request is a planned change or offer of assistance. “My computer is old and slow and needs to be upgraded.”