Most Community Colleges of Spokane (CCS) Staff have Skype installed on their computers. If you have never opened Skype, please contact the Support Center at 533-4357 to get started. Once you have verified your Skype account you can schedule meetings through Outlook by following the steps below:
- Open Outlook, and go to your calendar.
- On the Home tab ribbon, in the Skype Meeting section, click New Skype Meeting.
- An alternative approach is to use the New Items option and select Skype Meeting.
- In the To box, type the email address of each person you’re inviting, separated by semicolons.
- In the Subject box, type a name for the meeting.
- If you’ll have in-person attendees type the location of the meeting that you have scheduled in 25Live.
- Select a start time and end time.
Notes: To look for a time that works for everyone, click Scheduling Assistant, in the Show section of the Meeting tab ribbon.
- In the meeting area, type an agenda. Be careful not to change any of the Skype meeting information.
- Just double-check the information and click Send.
Important: Scheduling a meeting with the default options, like we just did, is suitable for small, internal meetings, such as casual meetings with a few coworkers. If you have a meeting with people outside your company, or you’re scheduling a large event, Skype may not be appropriate.