1. Enter the Control Panel by pressing the Windows and X keys at the same time and then selecting Control Panel. This works on a physical keyboard or an onscreen keyboard.
a. Alternatively, you can select Start, type Control Panel, and then select Control Panel from the top of the search results.
2. From within Control Panel, select Network and Sharing Center (Screen 1).
3. From within Network and Sharing Center, select Set up a new connection or network (Screen 2).
4. From within the Set Up a Connection or Network window, select Manually connect to a wireless network and then select Next (Screen 3).
5. From the “Manually connect to a wireless network window”, enter the following information (Screen 4):
|Network name:||CCS Net|
6. CCS Net has been successfully added, but configuration changes are still required before you can connect. Select Change connection settings (Screen 5).
7. Select the Security tab at the top of the CCS Net Wireless Network Properties window (Screen 6).
8. Select the Settings button next to Choose a network authentication method: (Screen 6).
9. On the Protected EAP Properties window, uncheck the box that says Verify the server’s identity by validating the certificate (Screen 7).
10. Select the Configure… button (Screen 7).
11. On the EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties window, uncheck the box that says Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) (Screen 8).
12. To close all windows used to configure the wireless settings, select OK on each open window.
a. NOTE: Do NOT select Cancel or the X in the upper right corner of the windows or the settings will not be saved.
13. You should now see a wireless icon with an asterisk on it in your system tray near the clock (Screen 9). Left click (or long press) that icon.
14. That will bring up a Network settings pane on the right side of the screen. Select CCS Net from the list of networks (Screen 10).
15. Ensure the Connect Automatically box is checked so it will automatically reconnect in the future. Then select Connect (Screen 11).
16. Enter your CCS network username and password in the respective boxes. (Screen 12)
a. Students should add @bigfoot.spokane.edu after their username.
b. Faculty and staff should enter one of the following after their username, depending on which domain they belong to:
17. In the Networks window, you should now see that you are connected to CCS Net if you hover the mouse pointer over the wireless icon in the system tray (Screen 13).